Panic surrounding the covid-19 virus is spreading every day with the world slowly but surely shutting down, one service at a time. Panic buying of toilet paper, fights in wine stores and general hysteria seem to be prevailing.
In reality though, there are a lot of things you can do to stay safe and healthy and none of them involve stock piling TP in your home.
Staying calm, well rested, connected to friends and family, and nourishing our bodies should be priorities right now. Here are a few more tips to keep you healthy during this anxious time:
- Eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies and take your vitamins to keep your immune system healthy
- Don’t panic. Panic and anxiety are huge immune suppressors. Stay calm.
- Meditate. Do yoga.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly.
- Walk in nature. Nature heals.
- Don’t completely isolate. Being part of a community strengthens our immune system and uplifts our mood.
- Do something nice for and elderly person or immune compromised person. They are the ones who are truly at risk.
- Refuse to live your life in fear and greed.
This too shall pass. Be balanced, care about others, wash your hands, do the elbow bump, and we will survive this beautifully.
I’m ending this post with a few photos from my morning nature walk. Nature will always calm, heal and rebalance.