I love a trek to St. Mark’s Summit on a misty fall day.
Being surrounded by nature’s beauty makes my soul sing.
And, after a chilly excursion to the mountaintop, this dish helps to fill your hunger and warm your soul:
Savoury Puff Pastry
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 14 T butter, frozen
- pinch salt
- 10 T chilled water
- 1 T lemon juice
- Place butter in the freezer overnight
- In a jug, mix together water and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt. Everything should be cold so you can put the bowl in the fridge to chill.
- Grate the frozen butter directly into the flour mix. Stir the frozen butter into the flour with a knife.
- Add the liquid, holding a little back just in case you don’t need it all. Add just enough water to keep the pastry together.
- Bring the dough together to form a ball, then place in fridge for at least one hour.
Form puff pastry into little boats. Int the centre, add sliced cherry tomatoes and a layer of bocconcini and top with a fresh basil leaf.
Bake at 250 degrees for half and hour. Serve. Warm your soul.