There is something about the ocean that we all crave. Listening to waves meet the shore and gazing at the calming blue vastness of the sea both soothe our souls.
The ocean helps us physiologically too. We need omega 3 fats to be our healthiest, happiest selves and seaweed, algae and fish from the sea are the top sources of this nutrient.
In case you haven’t paid enough attention to this nutrient lately here are a few symptoms of not having enough omega 3 in your system:
- Dry skin and hair
- brittle nails
- dry, rough skin
- Mood swings
- Cognitive and memory issues
- Low frustration tolerance (short fuse or outbursts)
- Poor sleep quality
If you are experiencing any of these it is probably a good idea to increase omega 3 rich foods in your diet.
A few great sources are:
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Flax oil
- Chia seeds
And if you’re looking for an ultra heathy, delicious omega 3 filled meal here it is:
- One cup of romaine lettuce
- Dressing made with balsamic and flax oil
- Seafood of your choice (salmon, prawns etc.)
- Tomatoes and onions
- 1/2 avocado
- Sprinkle hemp hearts on top