I’m happy with myself for limiting my sugary treats over the Holidays but, oops, I went a little over the top celebrating wine o’clock almost every day. Prosecco, beautiful BC whites, bourbon on the rocks and, of course, a delicious craft cocktail or two…
I discovered one of my fave holiday cocktails having Christmas dinner at Vancouver’s beautiful new restaurant, Boulevard. This drink is visually stunning. A gorgeous cherry red, garnished with a sprig of fresh thyme and named The Professor Suzuki, after one of my Canadian heroes. It’s an earthy, organic BC version of a Cosmopolitan. How could I resist?
Check out the recipe here: The Professor Suzuki
But now, the party is over. I’m back at work, back at school and looking to get my healthy glow back too.
My game plan for accomplishing this goal:
1) Lots of big, fresh, organic salads for dinner.
2) Taking fish oil every day. Good for our brain, our skin and our overall well being.
3) Getting my workout vibe back with a few yoga classes, and after work runs.
and, last but not least:
4) Drinking a big, delicious, detoxifying smoothie every morning.
The recipe I’m sharing with you is my current fave. It’s fresh and sweet and tastes like summer. A nice (and healthy) way to start a cold, rainy January day. I hope you enjoy and santé!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds or chia
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup spinach or other dark greens
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Blend, pour, serve.